Notification Center Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tardman91, Aug 17, 2011.

1. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Can you set the lock screen to display your upcoming calendar events? I looks at the Apple website in the iOS 5 section, but didn't see it mentioned. Just the other notifications (text, email, voicemail...).
    I used to have my 3G jailbroken with the lock screen calendar app, and I sure do miss it. I don't want to jailbreak my Verizon 4, but if I can't do this with iOS 5 I just might.

2. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

Too add on to this instead of starting my new thread... those of you who've used iOS 5... are there any options to add a quick toggle of turning things on / off in the notifications bar.. similar to some Android phones. Things such as wifi on/off, adjust brightness, bluetooth on/off, etc?

I know you can do this on a jb iphone... was just wondering if they implemented anything into the new os..

thanks in advance, and sorry to threadjack!

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, the notification bar is for notifications and doesnt give acess to turn off or adjust settings.

4. iFiend macrumors 65816

I do not think so. However, when you select items from your calendar to be shown in notification center, they are always there, meaning you can see what is upcoming before the actual event/reminder.

Negative. I have UISettings installed (it's one of the only reasons I jailbroke) and it is great. I really hope they implement something like this, but I really doubt it :(

5. shandyman, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011

shandyman Suspended

The notification center shows calendar events up to 48 hours in advance automatically. No way to change the settings on that presently, just on or off.

6. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Perfect. 48 hours is plenty of time for me.

7. kleinias macrumors regular

No, in iOS 5, the lock screen does not show your upcoming calendar events. People often mix up the lock screen with the notification (pull-down) screen. The notification screen does show (within 48 hours) upcoming calendar events. The lock screen will show calendar notifications along with notifications for things like texts, emails, missed calls and vm.

8. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Has anyone noticed lag or system sluggishness right before a notification pops in?

9. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

It should be interesting to see just what the final version is like.

10. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

That's so **** stupid. I want to see my day's schedule without having to go into my phone. Just power button click on, power button click off.