Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spotsphill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
I was wondering if anyone has experienced certain NC notifications not dismissing when you click on them. For instance, when I get tagged in a photo in Facebook and I click on the NC notification, it takes me to the photo. When I drop the NC down, the notification is no longer there. On the other hand, I do the same for a Twitter notification and the notification remains until I "X" out of it to clear it. Mail dismissed on a click like Facebook. Instagram does not.

I've had LockInfo installed since day one on my iPhone 5 so I'm not sure if it's a LockInfo shortcoming. The fact that this phenomenon occurs differently on a number of apps leads me to believe that the problem is not with LockInfo, but with the individual app and how it's coded to utilize the NC.

Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
There is a long thread on Lockinfo, check there, no need for a seperate thread let alone duplicate seperate threads.

spotsphill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
There is a long thread on Lockinfo, check there, no need for a seperate thread let alone duplicate seperate threads.

So are you saying that this issue is LockInfo related? I was leaning towards it not being LockInfo related. Also, I had been emailing back and forth with the developer who couldn't replicate this. Just because I mentioned LockInfo doesn't mean that my question needs to go in the huge LockInfo thread (which I already monitor). I also have Tiny Wings installed on my iPhone, should I post this question in a Tiny Wings thread? I posted this question in the main thread so that I'd get exposure beyond the LockInfo community. If someone that doesn't have LockInfo installed and their Twitter notifications don't clear upon reading then I can likely assume that it's not LockInfo related.

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
I've always been under the assumption that it was lockinfo. I dont' have any other tweaks affecting my notification center (other than some widgets). Happens everytime for facebook for me. Only other notifications I receive are mail, calendar, reminders, texts, and phone. Those all work fine but I have to manually clear the facebook ones.

spotsphill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
I've always been under the assumption that it was lockinfo. I dont' have any other tweaks affecting my notification center (other than some widgets). Happens everytime for facebook for me. Only other notifications I receive are mail, calendar, reminders, texts, and phone. Those all work fine but I have to manually clear the facebook ones.

That's interesting because my Facebook notifications clear with just a tap (no need to manually clear them). If I read your reply correctly, our FB notifications clear differently. I'm curious to see if a non-LockInfo user experiences anything like this...

spotsphill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
i use lockinfo 5 just tried this with mail.

i could not replicate your issue either: tapping on the NC new mail message opened the email and dismissed the NC notification.

Mail works this way for me as well. Some of the apps that give me the problem are (the ones I remember):

Twitter
Instagram
Redfin (real estate app)
NHL GameCenter

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
Mail works this way for me as well. Some of the apps that give me the problem are (the ones I remember):

Twitter
Instagram
Redfin (real estate app)
NHL GameCenter

so why did you list Mail in your OP?

:confused:

spotsphill said:
I was wondering if anyone has experienced certain NC notifications (Twitter, Facebook, Mail, etc.) not dismissing...

i dont use any of these apps you mention here but it would help you if you listed them in your OP instead of confusing people who try to help.

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
That's interesting because my Facebook notifications clear with just a tap (no need to manually clear them). If I read your reply correctly, our FB notifications clear differently. I'm curious to see if a non-LockInfo user experiences anything like this...

I usually don't tap the FB notification to access it though. I'll unlock my phone to go do something else (check mail, etc) and while I'm in it I'll open facebook and acknowledge the notification in the app. It clears the icon badge but the notification stays in lockinfo until I clear it.

Other apps (mailbox, bitesms) if I open the app directly and clear the notification, it also clears from lockinfo.

spotsphill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
I just heard back from the developer and he says that it's an app-specific occurrence and not something caused by LockInfo. I actually confirmed that the problematic/lingering notifications are not cleared on my iPad Mini that doesn't have LockInfo (turns out I had the proof with me all along). I guess I'm just curious as to why certain notifications need to be manually cleared while others clear when they are clicked from either the lock screen or NC dropdown?

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
hmmm wonder what's causing it then.

And I tested last night. My FB notifications don't clear when I tap them on the lockscreen either. I have to actually clear them using the x.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.