Notification center sync

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Gonky, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Gonky macrumors regular

Gonky

One of my favourite thing about Apple is how you get rewarded for having multiple products with things like AirPlay, iCloud sync, the option for iTunes Match etc. Notification center (great as it is) however does the complete opposite. Lets say I get an email to my @me.com address, I have to see the notification on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. Reading it on one device should tell the others to no longer display the notification - I know this is possible because iMessage syncs perfectly across all three devices, lets say I read a message on my iPad the notification vanishes on the Mac & iPhone. I'd like this to be applied to all notification center items, it can be really frustrating when I turn on my Mac and have 50 Twitter notifications in the corner which I've already dismissed twice on my other devices.

Do you think this is something they could address in future versions of iOS?

2. ljparis macrumors newbie

ljparis

Yes, it is one of those little irritants that Apple should easily take care of.

3. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

Agreed. Notification Center is half-baked in this regard and for me this makes it fairly useless on my Mac. Unless of course I'm bored and want to while away a few minutes by clicking endless crosses and clearing out all these notifications for things I've read days ago.

To compound things, not only does it not sync across devices, it doesn't even sync with the app installed on the same device! E.g. if you get a twitter alert, the only way to ensure that alert is automatically cleared from Notification Center is to click on it IN notification center. If you click on it directly in the Twitter app, it will stay in Notification Center. There is no bi-directional sync between Notification Center and the app.

Half-baked at best.