Notification Center - Today | All | Missed

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Bonestle, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Bonestle macrumors member

Bonestle

I couldn't find this topic anywhere so I hope it warrants a new thread...

I've been thinking about the Notification Center which I really like and think is a great improvement on iOS6. The Today pane is fantastic and I use it all the time. One thing that I find a little strange though is the All and Missed sections.
    What is the benefit from having these as two separate panes? So far, anything that shows up in Missed (for me anyway) also shows up in All. If I clear something from All it is cleared in Missed.
    Personally, I would be more than happy with just two panes; Today and All. I continuously find myself swiping down the Notification Center, then swiping through both All and Missed, then back to Today before swiping it away.

Am I missing some key point here?
    I am keen to hear what others think about this topic.

2. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

Agreed, I see nothing in Missed. Its redundant, All has all my info and Today is a nice overview.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Missed is generally there to isolate notifications that came in since the last time the phone was locked. Some might find it easier to come across those if their All section has a lot of other notifications and it might be harder to find the actual "missed" ones. Now, who actually really uses it for that, that's a different question.

4. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

My issue with the "missed" is that there is no way to clear it. I have a "missed call" in there from 2 days ago..... How do I clear that?

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Anything in Missed should also show up in All where you should be able to clear it (which should clear it from Missed as well). If that's not happening, then something is wrong--you can try restarting the phone, or perhaps even clearing all settings (if not even reinstalling if you might go that far), to see if that resolves it.

6. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

I actually tried that. I even did a full restore. Happens on both my iPhones (5 & 5s) I figured it was a glitch. Not sure if it did it on any other versions of 7..... Both phones are on the 7.0.3 now. Not a huge issue, just a thing

7. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

Definitely a bug and it bothers me too. Rebooting the phone will clear them out.

8. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

U mean iOS 7? ;)

9. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I for one only use the missed section. I like how it displays everything chronologically, the way I'm used to seeing it on the lockscreen. More efficient.

The today section is way too reliant on text and is too time consuming. The lack of weather icons is kind of absurd to me.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Strange. People have definitely had this issue before 7.0.3, although it's somewhat random. It shouldn't be happening and doesn't seem to happen for most, but some do seem to run across it every once in a while (and often a restart clears it up for them, at least until the next time it happens).