Notification center "Today" view resets

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by smartalic34, Nov 15, 2015.

1. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I'm not sure if this is expected behavior, but when I restart my Mac, the order in which I've dragged the various Today view widgets (e.g. weather, calculator, reminders, etc) resets. Is this supposed to happen, and if not, any recommendations? Should I be pulling a certain plist and checking if that fixes things? Thanks

2. vmachiel macrumors 68000

This isn't supposed to happen no. Removing a .plist would only work (I think) if you wanted to start anew with your today view (which is what's already happening). Still on Yosemite or on El Capitan.

3. smartalic34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

4. vmachiel macrumors 68000

That's weird. I've been looking around but couldn't find anything. Try installing the combo update or filing a bug report.

5. sniffs macrumors regular

sniffs

I'm also experiencing this. I notice the widgets are moving all around. I'll adjust them to the order I want them then go about my day.. the next day I'll look at them and they'll have moved around. I want to group my system monitors together but they keep switching all over the place. El Capitan 10.11.2 Beta (15C27e)

6. smartalic34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

The rearrangement only happens to me on restart, but it's been persistent since Yosemite and now on El Capitan 10.11.2 beta (also when I updated to final point releases so it's not the beta). Very annoying.

7. vmachiel macrumors 68000

File a bug report then, it seems to be affecting multiple people and setups.