Notification Center weather delay

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xxyyzz, Feb 26, 2017.

1. xxyyzz macrumors newbie

Everytime I open the notification center to check the weather, the data gets updated to the current weather after taking about 10-15 seconds (the compass arrow would come up in the menu bar at that time showing my location is being accessed...) I would like it to update in the background. Anyone seeing the same problem? Running OS 10.12.1 in 15" MBP.

Attached Files:

2. QzzB macrumors regular

QzzB

I don't think that's a issue, I think it's by design. I can understand why too. It would be a battery drain to keep checking location and updating weather for a widget which you can't see. Makes more sense to update when you click on it.

3. xxyyzz thread starter macrumors newbie

There should be a interval (just like mail push) for the update. Waiting for 15 seconds for it to update makes it nearly useless since I might as well use the browser to check for weather then...

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Wow! 15 seconds? Time yourself on the browser. I bet it takes you longer than that to see the current weather.

5. xxyyzz thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you mean? If the iPhone weather app can do it, saying that it will be a battery impact for the MBP doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

6. KALLT macrumors 601

It is by design, there is nothing you can do about that. You may want to look for an alternative in the App Store, perhaps something that has a status item in the menu bar.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

I think Sierra is slower at this than El Capitan.

8. Jayderek macrumors 6502

Jayderek

for me this only takes about a few seconds to update...not bad at all