Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MrMinor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
When I click on the menu bar icon or do the two finger swipe from right to left (starting off trackpad) the Notification Center should open and did until a few weeks ago. I have tried everything I can think of from the basics like rebooting and repairing permissions to things like resetting the pram (not sure if that could have anything to do with it, but I am desperate at this point). This is on my MBP. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

GerritV

macrumors 65816
May 11, 2012
Trash the prefs would be my nex step (user/Library/Preferences).

Comment

MrMinor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Trash the prefs would be my nex step (user/Library/Preferences).
Thanks. Is there a particular file I should be looking for? I went into that directory, but did not see anything that looked like it had to do with the notification center.

Comment

GerritV

macrumors 65816
May 11, 2012
I didn't have my MBP at hand when I answered, sorry for the confusion.
Indeed, NotificationCenter doesn't seem to have it's own - so perhaps trash the SystemPreferences prefs?
Also, there's a NotificationCenter Folder in the User Library / Application Support. Maybe put that aside for a moment as well.

Comment

MrMinor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I finally had a chance to try your suggestions, but unfortunately they did not help either. Thanks for trying. I have a feeling I will have to end up living like this until I can afford a new comp.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.