Notification Centre - No Items

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by incidentofficer, Aug 1, 2014.

1. incidentofficer macrumors newbie

Morning!

Apologies if this is a really stupid question, but I seem unable to add items to the notification centre in Yosemite? There is nothing in the items columns when you select edit, not even the calculator . Am I missing something really stupid here??? :confused:

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Guess I'm lucky - I'm only missing the Calendar extension (the rest are available).

And despite all my searching, I haven't been able to find a way to add the missing extensions :mad: (the button to call up the AppStore errors out)

3. incidentofficer thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't find anything either. I have submitted a bug report. This is the second Mac I have loaded on Yosemite, but this only occurs on this one machine. Very frustrating!

Here's hoping someone comes up with an answer. Probably a reinstall I suspect! :mad:

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I have done 4 installs (made a USB boot drive).

Two have all the extensions, two are missing the Calendar extension :confused:

5. umzyi macrumors regular

umzyi

I noticed the similar thing where items were disappearing. I cleaned the caches, repaired permissions and rebooted the system, this brought missing items back.
    But again after a short while, i noticed that items in "share menu" would disappear again.

6. incidentofficer thread starter macrumors newbie

Fresh install on a partition on the same Mac and all is well. Wonder if it's because I did an upgrade on the other partition?:(

7. incidentofficer thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, one thing to note is that if you create a new user, all is well. The notification centre works as it should.:)

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I did all of this and it did not recover my Calendar extension :mad: