Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbob500

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2011
Hi, got a jailbroken iphone 4 running ios5. anyone know a tweak that can 'mark emails as read' when you clear them from notification centre? I read that badgeclear does this but i tried it and it doesnt seem to do that or im doing something wrong! anyone know if theres anything out there that does this? Thanks for your help!

jimbob500

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2011
Hi, got a jailbroken iphone 4 running ios5. anyone know a tweak that can 'mark emails as read' when you clear them from notification centre? I read that badgeclear does this but i tried it and it doesnt seem to do that or im doing something wrong! anyone know if theres anything out there that does this? Thanks for your help!

Its mainly because im using OpenNotifier to show icons in the status bar, so when I clear the notification from notification centre it still shows the icon in the top until I read the message. So if theres a tweak that can mark them as I read when I clear them then this would solve the problem.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
IntelliscreenX can do that. Or more accurately, you can read your emails in ISX and then when you press "mark as read" they will then be cleared. And ISX can show phone, SMS and mail icons in the status bar so you may not need OpenNotifier.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Lockinfo all day! You can read either a portion of an email inside your notification center (depending on the number of lines you choose in lockinfo settings) or you can tap on an email and read the entire thing inside notification center. In fact, you can mark every notification line item in notification center as read, delete items, instant clear an entire section, and it has collapsible sections.

So yes, from the notification center you can mark the email (or any other notification) as read. Plus, lockinfo has status bar icons for everything...emails, texts, notifications, missed calls, voicemails etc. You can access your notification center from the lockscreen too and you can use lockinfo's HomeScreen festure and implement any notification center addon as a springboard widget. I use the Calendar Widget Pro NC Addon as a calendar widget on the first page of my springboard with two rows of icons plus my dock underneath the calendar. Last but not least, it's extremely customizable and theme-able. I highly recommend lockinfo.

miss.manson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2011
Georgia
IntelliscreenX can do that. Or more accurately, you can read your emails in ISX and then when you press "mark as read" they will then be cleared. And ISX can show phone, SMS and mail icons in the status bar so you may not need OpenNotifier.

+1
IntelliscreenX is the best IMHO. While not free, it does do a good job, plus I believe it has a free trial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.