Notification e-mails

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Gregg2, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I found a bunch of them in my Inbox this morning.

New to these forums.

Do I have to click the "Notification Type" pop-up (which I just found*) every time I post? Or, can "Do not subscribe" be set as a Default.

If this is answered on an FAQ page somewhere, please direct me to that. Perhaps I will be able to answer future "newbie" questions there.

Thanks!

*I made this post specifically to give myself another chance to look for that (or something similar) because I'm not in the habit of doing so on other forums, and I kept forgetting to look when responding in other threads... as well as to ask my question, of course.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Hello and Welcome :)

You can change the default behaviour

Go to your UserCP - Edit Options then change the option "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to - No Email Notification or whatever you want.

If you want to remove the current notifications that you are receiving go to your Subscriptions page where you have the option to either delete the subscription or change the notification type.

Hope that helps.

3. Gregg2 thread starter macrumors 603

One out of two...

I was able to change the default. I cannot seem to do anything with the ones that are already subscribed other than check the box next to them. I don't know if an unchecked box (the state in which I found it when opening the second link) means the chosen notification is inactive.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

If the "Notification" column for any of your subscribed threads says anything other than "None", check the boxes next to those threads, then scroll to the bottom of the page and choose your desired option in the "Selected Threads" menu. You can either delete the subscriptions entirely or just change them to "No email notification".

5. Gregg2 thread starter macrumors 603