Notification for emails

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Amatatomba, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Amatatomba macrumors newbie

I'm looking for the easiest way to set up my iPhone so that I get notified of a single person's emails immediately.

My boyfriend is in the Navy & just reported to his first duty station. I know when he's underway, our best bet for contact is going to be emailing. I'd like to be notified of when he emails right away. I don't want to set up my iPhone to push emails or fetch them every 15 minutes because I don't want to be notified of when I get any email, just an email from him. Also, I know this kills battery life.

I'm sure there are apps out there, but I don't know of any. And if possible, I'd like to achieve this without having to pay for an app (although it's no big deal if I have to).

And if it matters, the account I'd be receiving the emails at is a gmail account.

2. babby macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I use boxcar to notify me when my wife emails me.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You could setup a separate account in Gmail that he could send to...and push that account.

Or just set up a new account like that and create a filter in your current Gmail account that forwards emails from him to the new account.