Notification from Messages

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by charlyee, Jan 31, 2018.

1. charlyee macrumors 6502

charlyee

So after 4 months of perfectly synced phone and watch, my AW 3 is not getting notification of the built in Message App.

I have done the common things like turn on/off watch and phone. Switch notifications on/off but nothing has helped so far.

Notifications are set to mimic the phone and all other apps are doing fine

Has anyone else faced this and also how do I fix it.

Please help.

Thanks much

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Obviously you have checked to be sure Messages Notifications is set to "Mirror iPhone".

May need to try re-paring.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Yep an unpair and repair could fix it for sure.

4. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Will try this. My wife's AW 3 isn't syncing alarms so she can't turn off her phone's alarm with her watch since 4.2.2 -- will have her try this.

Thanks.

5. charlyee, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018

charlyee thread starter macrumors 6502

charlyee

Thanks all, just finished unpair and re pair. Also set it up as new and not restore from back up, hope that will take care of it.

Update: it worked the first time and quit again. Weird that the issue is with Apples own built in app, but I am ready to give up.

6. Furzul macrumors 6502

Furzul

I have the same problem. Sometimes it works, but usually I do not get any notification. Suppose we will have to wait until the next software update and see if that helps.

7. Scratch4 macrumors newbie

Did you by accident turn on 'hide alerts' on certain people in the messages app? My wife did that, which ended up being the reason she wasn't getting messages notifications on her AW3.

8. charlyee thread starter macrumors 6502

charlyee

Good thought but no I did not. Infact if I turn notifications off on the watch, I get them on the phone fine.

9. charlyee thread starter macrumors 6502

charlyee

I am guessing the last update or the one prior to it messed something up. I did set it up as new two days back so it has to be at Apple’s end and will hopefully be taken care of soon.

My watch is 4 months old today and this is the first and only issue I have had, so I guess I can’t complain too much.

10. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Wife is having same problem on her watch. I'm getting mine without issue but definitely not for her. Next update it is!

11. charlyee, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018

charlyee thread starter macrumors 6502

charlyee

Mine has been working since yesterday and I am extremely embarrassed to admit what the problem was.

I had inadvertently put the 3 people that I message with on DND, I am guessing while I swiped left to delete chats.

I will admit to seeing the crescent moon in front of the chats but obviously paid no attention to it.

Have all you others checked that this isn’t your problem as well?

For me, life is wonderful again.

12. Moorepheus macrumors 6502

Moorepheus

Two brand new AW3 (Mine and my G/F's) and both have this issue. Some times the message comes through, other times no. In fact, I would as more times we would not receive notifications on our AW3 then we would get. I am running the latest update 4.2.2 and the other watch is the same OS that came with the AW when I bought it. Again, they are brand new, only have had them 11 days.