Notification help

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by azfalcons, Aug 19, 2015.

1. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

ok so I have it set with notifications to mirror my phone but the watch does nothing when a text or email comes in but my phone notifies me just fine. Thoughts?

2. Creek0512 macrumors 6502

If you are using your iPhone, the notification won't go to Watch.

3. azfalcons thread starter Suspended

azfalcons

So does the phone have to be a certain distance away?

4. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

They were saying, if the phone screen is on you will only see the notification on the phone. If the phone screen is off, it will notify you on your watch. The watch assumes that if your phone display is on and you're looking at it that will be the best place to be notified.

5. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

It just needs to be locked with the watch unlocked (not necessarily with the display on) on your wrist.

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

On your phone, do you have it set in notifications for text and email to make a sound?

7. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Contrary to every other app, you can disable text sounds (on iPhone) without silencing the Messaging-app haptic feedback on watch; I believe email works the same as the others, though (iPhone App on silent with no tapping on Watch).

Inconsistency helping us to help others ftw!

8. azfalcons thread starter Suspended

azfalcons

ok thanks guys. once my phone was charging and I left it in the office my watch started getting the notifications. Appreciate the help

9. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

I just resolved a problem that I had with my watch notifications and unlocking that went on for nearly a week. It actually started when I bought one of the new iPods and set it up, although that may just be a coincidence.

My watch would not do any notifications, and it would not unlock when the phone was open even though it was set to do so.

I tried all of the various fixes I had seen posted and none of them helped, as well power cycling the phone and watch did not help either. What worked was cycling the bluetooth on the phone, which is weird as I had thought that power cycling the phone would do that.