Notification is seriously screwed up

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by yalag, May 1, 2015.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

Started today, all of a sudden all my sounds and alerts start going to my iphone instead of getting it routed to the Watch. I made sure to leave the phone's screen off. Haven't touched it at all. But still it would go to the phone and not watch.

There are so many bugs with this thing, it's unbelievable...

2. specik macrumors 6502

specik

It's a first generation product. This kind of thing is to be expected and sort of come with the territory of being an early adopter. Not trying to defend or justify it, just saying.

What kind of iPhone do you have?

3. Spooky73 macrumors member

I just started a thread for the exact same issue. It just started this afternoon after having it work properly for the past week. Very odd but glad to see I'm not alone.

Anyone else have this issue or a resolution?

4. Glene macrumors 6502

Mine is working perfectly, now. everything now comes through the watch where it taps you instead of any sound alarms or alerts on the phone , or the watch and sound. But there is a a lot of controls that have to be right, you have controls on the phone in terms of notifications, privacy, location and then on the watch app itself turning on haptic and turning off sounds under the phone ,text and the mail

took me an hour to figure it out but it now works fine. Check the Apple support docs for a few things on it

Its nota bug, itsjust overly complicated to get it the way you want it.

5. vkapi5 macrumors newbie

I had same issue yesterday first time after 5 days use. I reset network settings on iPhone and then reset watch (Power off watch and then hold digital crown and side button simultaneously until Apple logo appears).

Issue resolved after that.Hope this helps.

6. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Check to make sure that the watch isn’t disconnected from the phone. I had that issue this morning... For some reason the watch disconnected and I turning airplane node on the watch on, then off, then restarting the watch didn’t help. Turning bluetooth off and back on on the phone finally resolved it.

Also, the watch won’t receive notifications if it doesn’t think that it’s on your wrist. People with tattoos under their watch have been having trouble with this, or if the watch is on very loosely then it may not detect your wrist.

7. Spooky73 macrumors member

Just tried the suggested fixes and still not working. Notifications for texts go to the phone first, then the watch.

Really odd that this just started happening out of the blue to more than a few people today. It's not like there was an update that changed things. So weird...

8. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Mine is working great, haven't missed a single one on the watch

9. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

Guys lets not get confused here.

In my case at least, this isn't a setting thing. Because it was working for all week and it suddenly stopped. So it's not setting related.

I seemed to have fixed it though. By unpairing and repairing. It took a while but I can restore my setting so it's not that bad.

You guys could try that. I tried resetting the watch and phone and that didn't work just so you know.

10. Spooky73 macrumors member

Thank you for re-explaining to those that aren't understanding that it's not a setting or user error thing.

So...I was just about to follow your lead and un-pair and then re-pair when I decided to test it once more before going through that. Interestingly enough, everything is working normal again (for now). Sent a bunch of messages from my wife's phone and all of them went to the watch first, like they should.

I guess it just fixed itself somehow...?!?!?

11. Pbrutto macrumors 6502a

Pbrutto

This question comes up in other threads too and nobody ever seems to answer....what kind of iPhone is it pared with? I wish when people posted problems they would list all hardwear involved.....

12. Glene macrumors 6502

someone also posted here a day or two ago that if the phone is in use and not locked some notifications don't pass to the watch… I guess they figure you can pick them up on the phone and you'll see them there ,because you're using it in front of you…

13. Spooky73 macrumors member

iPhone 6 Plus.

----------

I think we are all aware of that. We are describing a situation when the phone is NOT in use.

14. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

iPhone 6

15. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

16. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Mine has actually been reasonably bug free. It did lose connection to the phone once in the last week. Rebooting the phone and watch solved it (I rebooted both at same time, so not sure if a reboot of just one would have worked equally as well).

Now, there are a few things that are working as designed that I wish were a little different, but I'm not counting those as "bugs" since they are functioning correctly.

Edit: equipment below. iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3 and 42mm stainless Watch.

17. J.gerbes macrumors 6502

Have you managed to sort this out? Perhaps try a restore?

18. johnalan macrumors regular

Do you think it's expected behaviour that an iPhone (on loud, no Do not disturb) doesn't light up or make any alert noises, and instead only the apple watch makes an alert sound? ---- Will the phone only make a sound if the watch is off/not in range?

19. DeafRaiders macrumors regular

I don't get everything get sent to mines. Was watching a football(soccer in U.S.) game, got line ups and missed two goals notification(my team scored 5).

It is worth re-pairing again?

20. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I un-paired and re-paired and everything went back to the way it should.

21. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

mine, for the most part, has been flawless. there of course is a few bugs but nothing I can't live with for a month or two until we see a bug fix update.

The couple times it has started acting weird I just booted the watch fully off and on and it cleared right up. I know this is an obvious thing to say, but maybe for those that haven't tried this more simple fix first it could help.

22. ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

I can't see third-party app notifications on my watch if I have my iPhone 5S on 3G. As soon as it's on wifi, I can get them on my Watch! :confused:

23. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

24. ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

I have and it didn't work.

Thanks.

25. KPOM macrumors G5

That worked for me. Thanks.