notification issues - repeats over and over again

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by superspud, Oct 29, 2012.

1. superspud macrumors regular

i am having an issue with my iphone running ios6 - everytime a news alert is pushed through, i get several days worth of notifications for that specific app.

for example - everytime i get a fox news or cnn update about hurricane sandy, my entire screen fills up with updates from the previous days. I have tried deleting previous notifications to where my notification center is empty, but as soon as another update comes through, they are all back again.

same goes for my ESPN app - i have it set to alert me when one of my teams starts playing a game. now, each time one of my teams starts a game, i get alerted for it, and the 3 or 4 previous games they played.....

very frustrated. help.

2. gottafly macrumors regular

I had the same issue with the Pocket Informant (calendar) app.

It happened for awhile, seems to have gone away (fingers crossed). Not sure if it was fixed in iOS or a Pocket Informant update, although I don't recall seeing an update.

3. BuntOMac macrumors newbie

I had the same issue with Fox News App... I deleted the App from my iPhone and then installed it agin from the App Store. Hasn't been an issue since.

4. Purgatoiry macrumors newbie

I am also getting duplicate notifications, especially from gmail. I tried some settings to get emails marked as read and deleted but they still pop up.