Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I have been wishing for a notification light for many years but Apple still does not do it. To tell the truth they need to work on the whole notification thing period. I guess my old Blackberry spoiled me.

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Take a look at history. How many of the prior models had one?

That's a very good point. No previous iPhone has had a notification light, so I guess it's clearly an absolute impossibility that any future iPhone could have it.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
To me, a notification light is redundant. Had it on my S4 and didn't care for it.

I didn't like the light on my S4 because whenever it was flashing it made me pick up my phone so I can clear the notification to stop the flashing.

The iPhone already makes an alert sound and without a notification light, I can pick up the phone at my leisure to see any missed notifications.

It's really not that hard to push the home button.

Why didn't you just turn it off on the S4 then?

It's a lot easier to turn something off that exist vs turning something on that does not exist.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
To me, a notification light is redundant. Had it on my S4 and didn't care for it.

I didn't like the light on my S4 because whenever it was flashing it made me pick up my phone so I can clear the notification to stop the flashing.

The iPhone already makes an alert sound and without a notification light, I can pick up the phone at my leisure to see any missed notifications.

It's really not that hard to push the home button.

Why didn't you turn it off then? lol..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.