iPhone Notification light tweak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ritmomundo, Jun 3, 2013.

1. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Does anyone know if there is a Cydia tweak for some sort of notification light? I know there isn't a physical LED for it, but maybe something that makes a part of the screen light up and flash at low brightness or along those lines?

2. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

Accessibility features will let you make the camera led flash for notifications.

3. ritmomundo thread starter macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Yeah. I tried that, but it's blinding when it goes off in a dimly lit room. I was hoping for something a bit more subtle.

4. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

This is one of the things I want on my iphone more than anything, an LED light on top like the blackberries, some android, etc. Different colours for different types of alerts. Really handy at times.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Same here. My old HTC Touch Pro has a button dead center like the iPhone home button. It's got four hidden LEDs around it and it pulses in a clockwise rotation (white light) when there's a notification. Some enterprising hackers even created a hack to modify the LEDS so that it was multicolored.

Always thought that was a cool feature of my old phone, but of course nothing like that with the iPhone.