Notification problems: LockInfo + OpenNotifier = no?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DDustiNN, Feb 12, 2011.

1. DDustiNN, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011

DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Okay so here's what I want:

I want notification icons for when I receive a text, e-mail, or missed phone call. I want these notification icons to stay in the status bar until I open the respective app to view them. I also want the weather in my status bar, and I want to be able to pull the status bar down (like Android's) for a quick summary of the notifications.

Not too much to ask, I'd say. So now here's what I've got:

So far, LockInfo has all of that covered. I have it set up exactly that way (even the pull-down motion) and it's amazing. However, there is only one problem: It only shows me one notification icon at a time. If I have an e-mail and a text, for example, it only shows the icon for the most recent notification. However, if I pull down the InfoShade, everything is there. Also, on the lock screen, it will show me both.

Now, I'm not sure if it's because the weather is taking up two spots (temperature and weather icon), so maybe there's only room for one more icon? Because on the lock screen, when the time is gone, more can fit. However, when I tried biteSMS, I noticed that that particular app's icon would get pushed to the left of the time.

So then I saw a post about OpenNotifier and thought I'd give that a shot. I turned off all icons from LockInfo, and assigned icons to the apps I wanted in OpenNotifier's options. Then I sent a test e-mail and text message, and I got no icons at all. Uhh okay, weird... so I disabled them all and turned LockInfo's back on, and they work fine, but still only show me one at a time.

Anyway so what I was trying to do was work around this by letting the biteSMS icon show up (since it seems to be separate), use LockInfo for e-mail or text, and then use OpenNotifier for the last, thinking that all three would show up then. But the problem is that OpenNotifier doesn't work at all... is there some sort of conflict or something?

Anyone have any ideas or know of any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks for any advice!

EDIT: Sorry, the weather is actually from Weather Icon, forgot about that one. But my original desire remains the same, regarding the notifications. Just thought I'd clarify this since I left it out.

2. xavierpunkreno, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011

xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Look into OpenNotifier. It let's you set custom icons for any app and shows multiple icons at the same time. It works wonders.

EDIT: Just read through that again. Turn your icons for emails and texts on in LockInfo. OpenNotifier is pretty much only for Push Notifications. My setup is LockInfo handles my email icon, BiteSMS handles my text icon, and ON handles everything else. If you really want ON to handle e-mails too, download Boxcar from the App Store and set it up so it gives you a push notification for every e-mail.

3. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

You are able to set everything up in OpenNotifier as it handles both system apps and 3rd party apps. You have to enable "Pseudo Badges" for apps that dont usually get a badge. Then choose what status bar icons you want in OpenNotifier's preference window. Respring and voila. As for your LockInfo issue, I have no idea what the issue is. I haven't had any problem with it showing status bar icons.