Notification Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by EvilManatee, Jun 5, 2015.

1. EvilManatee macrumors member

EvilManatee

I've had the Apple watch since Monday and it seems to me that some notifications are more prominent than others (or maybe this is all in my head). For example, when I get a new text message the notification is very prominent but when I get a notification from a photo app on my iPhone I don't notice the notification at all until I see the red dot on my watch face.

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to change the notification settings on the watch depending on the app sending the notification so that they are all equally as prominent?

Any ideas on how this works would be appreciated...again, maybe I am just missing certain notifications but it seems to me some are more pronounced than others.

2. CellXor10 macrumors regular

I'm guessing you have prominent Haptic on for alerts- I do as well. What you're describing as "very prominent" is the strong, "pre-announcement" haptic that comes with having this setting on. As far as I know, you do not have control over which alerts include this and which do not. And all the setting says is it is for "some common alerts." Text/iMessages are obviously one of these- and I believe most or all 3rd party apps are not included.