iPhone XS Max Notification skipping?

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
I just bought an XS Max and so far I’ve had a few issues. Seems like bugs that’ll get worked out so I’m hoping someone else had these issues.

1) today I clicked on the camera icon on the home screen and it forced my iPhone to reboot. It only happened that once. I did a hard reset after.
2) for some reason I have a friend who has “synth” as the text tone and when they texted me it sounded like the notification sound was skipping. Like a cd skipping. It happened a few times but I’m texting another friend who has the same tone and it hasn’t happened since.

Other than those I am loving the max.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
I just bought an XS Max and so far I’ve had a few issues. Seems like bugs that’ll get worked out so I’m hoping someone else had these issues.

1) today I clicked on the camera icon on the home screen and it forced my iPhone to reboot. It only happened that once. I did a hard reset after.
2) for some reason I have a friend who has “synth” as the text tone and when they texted me it sounded like the notification sound was skipping. Like a cd skipping. It happened a few times but I’m texting another friend who has the same tone and it hasn’t happened since.

Other than those I am loving the max.
My X does the skipping noise only on text notifications every once and awhile also. Interestingly, my notification sound for texts is “synth”. Maybe I’ll try and change it to see if it stops..

Reactions: Edge1978

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
I still have the notification sound stuttering with tri-tone on occasion as well. It's been happening since iOS 10, never cared too much about it, mostly it's just a funny moment when it happens.

Reactions: Edge1978