Notification Sound Bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by heisenberg123, Oct 31, 2014.

1. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

wonding if anyone else has been had this happen

a few times now I miss a notification, it did not make a sound, I check the obvious, make sure volume is not muted, make sure silent switch is not set to silent, after confiming that I go to settings, sounds and tap the sound I have it set too and it does not play the preview, after taping a few differnent sounds it starts to play them again including the original sound I wanted.

another sound bug is occassionally I get Tri-tone sound but nothing is set to TriTone and there is no notification on the phone

iphone 6 on iOS 8.1

2. JoPeFoe, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014

JoPeFoe macrumors newbie

Sound Bug

Hi,
    I have nearly the same problem: first I noticed, that sometimes, when I take a picture, there comes no shutter-sound. When I take a second, third, fourth picture, it works. In the sound settings, I tried to change a notification sound and a couple of times, no sound came out. But, when it finally works - it works. Strange... Factory-Reset did not help. The Apple Hotline said, that even in my Backup could be a mistake. Or in the file with the original firmware on my Mac. I can't believe that, because I think for every iPhone-restore, iTunes checks if the file is ok. I am not sure, but it makes sense and I think there is a message during the reset that informes about this fact. Guess we have to wait for 8.1.1...

Its a new 5s with ios 8.1.

3. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

iPhone 6 Plus here with the same problem. Set up my phone as new when I got it, so there's no backup to corrupt anything.

Probably just a bug..

4. heisenberg123 thread starter macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thanks, yes mine is new with no backup either so hoping its just a bug

5. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

have this same problem with iphone 5. notification sound checked all the apps but nothing

6. JoPeFoe macrumors newbie