Notification sound going off over 100x an hour, no notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by appleguy123, Feb 10, 2013.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

This used to happen off and on throughout the day, now it never stops and it's made me stop checking my phone when I hear the sound. The tri-tone signal will go off 1-3 ties per minute for absolutely no reason at all. It doesn't seem to be tied to any actual notification. It is driving me crazy.

2. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

maybe it just wants u to use it more! :eek:

no but seriously... have you tried backing up and restoring through itunes? that might fix the issue. it's a 30 mins process though.

3. joshforman macrumors regular

Is there anything in notification center? Hopefully it's just an app, and you can disable its sounds, but finding it may be difficult. You'll have to look through the NC settings.

4. VolceOntra macrumors 6502

VolceOntra

Sometimes iMessages does that.... If one device is getting a lot of messages and another one is for some reason unable to connect. After that device connects it'll fetch all the iMessage content and make a sound/vibrate and then mark them as read since you've read them on your other device. It's quite annoying and amature of Apple to program it that way.

5. Bahroo macrumors 68000

hard reset, hold home button and lock button until your phone complete shuts off