Notification sounds whilst music is playing

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by activate, Oct 8, 2013.

1. activate macrumors regular

I've noticed that notifications sounds eg. mail, reminders are mute when music is playing. Is this normal behaviour ?

2. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

If you are talking about when you are hooked up to a car stereo, that depends on the car stereo. Some will mute anything that is not music, such as the phone ringing. Some have a place in the settings where you can turn this function on or off, some do not.

3. activate thread starter macrumors regular

I see. Yes this is the iPad mini hooked up to the car stereo via usb. Ok, I shall see if I can find a way to enable them.

Thanks.

4. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Thought this was pretty normal to be honest. I get them as well if i'm on the phone, listening to music through headphones or watching something like a video in the video app. If you put it in silent mode this doesnt happen but if you think about it you would expect it to work like this. If you were walking somewhere listening to the music app you still need notifying of a message, phone call etc.

5. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

I think its pretty neat because you will still know you have a notification when the music fades.

6. activate thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah but you're only aware that A notification has arrived but the sound distinguishes it. I'd prefer to hear it.

OK since you ask :)

The iPad mini is permanently installed in the car. What I did recently was added all the addresses from my contacts as individual location reminders in the reminder app. So what is supposed to happen is your car 'talks' to you and tells you hey You've arrived at so and so's place or says 'Welcome back' when you arrive back home. Just fun stuff!