General Notification styles?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by One13Truck, Feb 16, 2015.

1. One13Truck macrumors member

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am.
    First I'll say I HATE Ive and his pastelly flat iOS look so I'm running an iOS6 theme look for my iPhone on iOS 7.1.2 and my iPad on 8.1.2.

One thing I hate about iOS over the last few releases is the alert notifications. I only use the "alert" and hate the "banner" notifications but Apple seems to force us into the "banner" as the default. I wouldn't care but seemingly 60-70% of the time I reboot either device it resets all my notification settings from "alert" back to "banner" and I miss notifications until I remember to check the notification settings. Anybody have any tweaks or any way of going in and force changing the notification style on both devices to default back to "alert" from "banner"?

As a second question the theme I'm using to make it look like iOS6 again works for the icons but the alert notification boxes are unchanged and stil have the iOS7 and iOS8 styles. Can anybody figure a way to come up with a tweak to change the alert notifications to look like any of the earlier versions of iOS? Any of iOS 4 through 6 would be fantastic. I've searched on cydia and don't see anything to be able to do either of these things.

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Notification styles?

What theme do you use for your iPad?

I doubt there's a tweak out for the banners, but check sites like iDownloadblog to check. They're usually up to date on the new jailbreak tweaks.