Notification Sync? I don't think so...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sflomenb, Oct 26, 2013.

1. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

There is supposed to be some "Notification Sync" feature in iOS 7. I don't see it. Apps like iMessage have always worked since iOS 6: I get notifications on both my iPhone and Mac, and when I read it on one device, it's read on the other. That works fine. But apps like FaceTime never work. I get a call on both my devices, but which ever one I don't answer gets a "Missed FaceTime call" notification. And some other apps like Facebook don't sync either.

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Facebook sync worked the day iOS 7 came out for me. Since then it has never worked. FaceTime is so annoying with the missed call alert on one device after I answered it on another. I'm very disappointed that the notification sync feature isn't functional.

The only app I see it work other than messages is hangouts, but I believe that is Google doing it themselves.

3. Appel macrumors member

I agree, i though this was for all notifications. This is really bad. I was really looking forward to the missed phone-call notification to turn up on my mac, as that is the one i would need the most.

4. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Same here! Missed phone calls are really the last big thing I would like to see - since so much else is now synced to my Mac, I often forget to look at my phone when I'm home, but I've missed lots of calls that way. I hope they add that soon...

5. Appel, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013

Appel macrumors member

They seem to have removed all official mentions of the ios<-->osx sync from apple.com. Any official statement about this?