Notification Sync iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sird28, Sep 15, 2014.

1. sird28 macrumors member

Why doesn't notification sync work at all when it was an announced feature in iOS 7......

The only thing that seems to work is iMessage, iCloud Mail used to work but doesn't anymore, and I see no one seems to miss it.

So annoying that Hand off, SMS Relay, and Continuity all seem to work well but the simple notification sync has been broken since iOS 7.

Has anyone been able to get notification sync to work at all?

2. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

What notifications are you hoping will sync? Calendar and Reminders, iMessage, Email all sync across devices (i.e. hitting the X on a calendar reminder will also clear it from the lock screen/NC of all my devices). Facebook also works across devices (if I get a badge alert, for example, and see it on my iPhone, the badge count disappears on my iPad). I have to imagine that the developer has to support it server side.

3. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

iCloud mail syncs fine, you just have to open the app. That is how it has ALWAYS been

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4083

4. matthewadams macrumors regular

I believe people were expecting 3rd-party iOS Notifications to sync up to your Mac ... that has never been the case (and some believed Apple meant Safari's Notifications by that term).
    Apparently it's just that if you clear certain Notifications on one device, they disappear on the others as well.

According to the iOS 7 Release notes [1]:
    "Notifications dismissed on one device dismisses across all your devices"

[1] http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1682?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

5. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I am thinking the developer needs to write that support into their app.