Notification Sync works great

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by tymaster50, Sep 15, 2013.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I can get a message on my iPad, iPhone, or MBP and it'll clear the notification on the other ones if I open it, like it was never there. It's the little things that make iOS and Mac os x great.

This thread is also a reminder for anyone who forgot/didn't know about the feature lol

2. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Not working too well with my iPhone 5 iOS 7 GM and my macbook pro Mavericks :/

3. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I'm on mountain lion and it works, hmm.

4. Merkie macrumors 68020

I agree. I don't have a Mac, but even then it works great. Whenever I get Facebook notifications, they immediately disappear from my phone when I have read them somewhere else. The same goes for the Gmail app. The notification immediately disappears when I have the email somewhere else. It's a feature that I didn't really miss, but now that I have it I can't live without.

5. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

These are the kinds of innovations that no other company is capable of delivering. It's the little details like this that Apple pays attentions to, and we as consumers love them for it.

6. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Atlast because was bothered with email on my iPhone, iPad, Mac.

7. mac28mac macrumors newbie

Notification Sync doesn't work on my iPhone 5 and ipad 2 at all. Notification doesn't clear up on my other device when I clear a notification. What devices are you using?

8. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

iPhone 5 iPad Mini and Mid-2012 MBP, don't ask why it's mid 2012 I guess apple forgot to update them lol

9. BanterClaus macrumors regular

BanterClaus

Does this work with email? If so then Exchange ActiveSync loses one of its biggest advantage to me and I may as well just switch back to IMAP.

10. Morac macrumors 6502a

Morac

Don't know about Facebook, but the Gmail app always synced, even in iOS 6.

As far as I can tell notification sync doesn't work since I have a variety of notifications from different apps and clearing them off my iPhone or iPad doesn't clear them off the other.

11. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

I'm not sure, but, I think the OP is really only talking about Messages/iMessage...in which case, yes, it mostly works well, iOS 7 handles text/imessage better on idevices for sure.

12. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

doesnt work here either between my ipad mini and iphone 5. i tested icloud email, facebook and tweetbot notifications.

13. ahwman macrumors member

Not working at all between my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 with any apps. I've wiped both devices and reinstalled iOS 7, still no success... I was really looking forward to using this feature. I'm not sure why it's working for some but not for others.

14. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

For apps like Messages, Notification Sync has worked since iOS 6 between my iPhone and Mac. But others, like Facebook, don't work with iOS 7. Really annoying.

15. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

Mail and iMessage are the only two apps that sync notifications that I have found so far. Bear in mind the notifications only sync once the new item has been read within the app - if you clear the notification from the notification centre that won't sync.

Firstly, this is a shame as I hoped it would just work for all apps - perhaps apps need to code in support for this feature? Secondly, it is a shame that you have to open the actual app to clear the notification. I'd like to clear a notification in notification centre and have that cleared across my iDevices, regardless of whether the actual item remains unread in the app itself.

16. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

What I still want is when reading/deleting iCloud email on my mac it syncs to my iOS device.

17. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

hmmm for me email notification sync stopped worked between iPhone 5 and iPad mini after 7.0.2 update, anyone also?

18. Morac macrumors 6502a

Morac

I've had notifications stop working entirely for some apps until I restart my device.

I restarted my iPhone and missing CNN notifications showed up. I rebooted my iPad and missing Paypal notifications showed up.

19. randomdude macrumors regular

Doesn't work for me for Facebook on my devices. I have an iPhone 5s, iPad Mini (both running iOS 7) and Macbook Pro running OS X Mavericks.

Any help to get the syncing, especially for Facebook working again would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

20. attila macrumors 6502a

attila

I'm sorry for being ignorant, but how do you activate notification synchronisation? Is it supposed to be automatic?

21. Morac macrumors 6502a

Morac

There is no way since it apparently never made it into the final iOS 7 release.

22. LunarFalcon macrumors member

Apple's own Reminders app notifications don't seem to sync for me between iPhone and iPad. It seems like no matter what happens, I have to manually clear the Reminders notifications on each device separately on both the Today screen and notification center.

23. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

That's worked for me since iOS 6 for Messages... but even now it works for nothing but messages.

24. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

25. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

if it's just iMessage not a big deal,other than that nothing else syncs in notification.

i'm running mbp 2012,iPad air and iPhone 5