Notification Sync?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by theBigD23, Sep 12, 2013.

1. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone gotten the notification sync to work? I have CNBC, for example, on my iPhone/iPad, but if I dismiss it on my iPhone, it'll still appear on the iPad as well. Does this work for anyone? Thanks.

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I believe the apps have to update to iOS 7 and support the feature.

3. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

Nope, it works with all apps but the work has to be done by the app. For example if you have a chat app and you get a message notification, when you open it the chat server needs to send a push notification with a 0 badge and it will clear it from other devices.

It doesn't work if you just clear it in notification center, you need to actually open the app. For a lot of apps I don't think that it will ever work because it needs to tie devices together to one person which a lot of apps don't want to do.

4. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks the info. Kind if disappointing the app has to be opened.

5. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

No effort should be needed on app side ... I believe this feature is not working at all ... Apple's own apps like Photos should already be utilizing this (if this is supposed to be app related)

If I get notification of a person joining photostream, it stays on all devices till actually cleared from each one ... That's not at all syncing ... Even opening the app in one device doesn't trigger anything to others

So I believe it's all hype at this time and apple hasn't got it right !