Notification system on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carson44, Aug 13, 2009.

1. carson44 macrumors member

As more and more apps come out with push im starting to not like the way notification are pushed to the phone. I would like them to pop down from the top...(what it looks like when you hit the home button on a call) and just tell you what the notification is and you can touch the top if you wanted to open it or continue with what your doing.

Do you guys think it could be a minor update if they did decided to change the notification system?? or wait tell 4.o in june?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can jailbreak and use GriP. It is just like growl for mac. See my thread about it here.

3. carson44 thread starter macrumors member

^^^^does this still work with 3.0 and push apps? I see the theard was from may?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It was started in May but it is completely compatible with 3.0. It is currently on version "r" it is in beta. I mostly wanted it for the SMS feature.

5. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

I think now with push notifications and everyones phones suddenly getting a lot more of them, hopefully Apple sees that their way of doing it is flawed.

Hopefully by 4.0 (or sooner even better) hopefully they will do a less intrusive notification system.

6. lavinci macrumors 6502

I want the little square on the home button to light up to tell me I have messages like the blackberry led, but that's not happening.

7. Eallan macrumors 6502

Grip is absolutely fantastic and changed how I feel about the iPhone. It is the way the phone should be default.