Notification tone on iPhone with watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Adapsys, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Adapsys macrumors member

Adapsys

Sorry if this has been asked already but after 24 hrs of use the one thing bugging me about my watch is I no longer get a tone on my iPhone when I get a text etc. Doesn't seem to matter if my watch is muted or not.

Ideally I would have the watch and the iPhone both sound a tone when I get a message, or otherwise I would mute the watch, use the heptic feedback and just have the phone make a sound.

Anyone know if this is possible?

2. ttexxan macrumors regular

I don't think its possible at this time. If using the phone watch won't get alerts. No real reason to get alerts on your watch if using the phone. Most find that annoying. If your phone is off should be getting alerts to watch. If not turn your watch off/on and close out the app turn phone off/on then try. Make sure all your settings in watch app are to your liking.

If that doesn't work hard reset the watch and see

3. Unconsoled macrumors regular

Shouldn't the phone not get alerts if the watch is on? Does that apply to phone calls also? Just tried and it came through on both. Am I missing a setting?

4. dharmasarc macrumors member

dharmasarc

The phone always gets the alerts it is the main device. The watch gets alerts as long as you aren't active on your phone.

5. laminarpanda macrumors member

laminarpanda

Same issue, I'm not getting messages notification tone on my iPhone, only on my watch.
    It's a bit annoying, as I would like to get it on both...

6. Adapsys thread starter macrumors member

Adapsys

My watch doesn't alert if I'm using my phone, but if im not using my phone and not actively using my watch, only my watch makes a sound and not my phone which is a bit annoying as I'd like to just use heptic on my watch and have my phone alert with a tone. This way I'm not constantly muting my watch all the time going into meetings etc.

As suggested I'll try rebooting the watch and see if that helps. Otherwise this may just be a 'feature' of the first version software and hopefully apple will sort it out in future OS updates.

7. shandyman Suspended

It's designed that way. If you're using the phone, the watch won't get the notification. If you're not using the phone, the watch gets the notification, both Tatptic and Pings, the phone does not.

8. Adapsys thread starter macrumors member

Adapsys

Thanks for confirming shandyman. Wasn't sure if it was just a sync or setting issue. Can understand why it's designed that way but wish they would let people decide for themselves!