Notifications and iOS 8.4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jwilson25, Jul 7, 2015.

1. jwilson25 macrumors regular

jwilson25

I noticed some strange new behavior with my watch and iOS 8.4. I seems now when I get notifications they happen on the watch as expected, but then about 5-10 seconds later they also happen on the phone and either vibrate or play the sound. Was this behavior changed somewhere along the way, or is my phone/watch acting weird? I've tried toggling notifications on iMessage like I did to fix the notifications to the phone first, but that didn't seem to change it. I also have tried rebooting both, but still the same. I haven't done the unpair/repair yet since I have to fool with my Apple Pay cards and have been trying to avoid that.

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I think I am noticing the same thing. I did not think much about it at first. I wonder if Apple put in a screwball delay to solve a complaint that watch notifications were coming late before?

3. jwilson25 thread starter macrumors regular

jwilson25

SO I tried another toggle on and off of the notifications and for now it seems to be back to normal. One more data point to investigate is if other Bluetooth devices being attached to the phone triggers this somehow. I don't know exactly when the behavior started, but I did use my Bluetooth headphones over the weekend. It looked like it was OK post a reset for a bit, but I did drive today so it was connected to my nav system in the Jeep. I'll have to pay attention to it tomorrow before and after driving if the behavior continues to be normal as it is right now.

4. edogyip macrumors member

Have you received a notification on the watch, and when you go to check it the watch shows the apple logo?