Notifications and sounds on both watch AND iPhone? OS 3 fix?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GrindedDown, Jun 26, 2016.

1. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

Hey everybody. So I would love to be able to receive notifications on both my phone and my watch and more importantly, hear the sound from my iPhone while still having notifications on my watch. Currently, there is a workaround that solves this problem, but it disables a number of watch features like passcode and Apple Pay.

So, I ask any of you who are using watch os 3 if there are possible setting that allow having sounds and notifications play back on both the watch and the iPhone without sacrificing features?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

That's not how it's designed. There was a bug early on that caused this but it's not supposed to work this way. All notifications are supposed to go to the watch when it's on your wrist. I guess you could disable wrist detection and see if that helps.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I, too, would like the option to have my phone notifications rather than silenced when wearing the AW.

But Apple is not into too many options.

4. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I think you might be misunderstanding my post. Turning off wrist detection is in fact the workaround for receiving sounds and notifications on both the phone and the watch. The problem is that it disables passcode, Apple Pay, raise to wake screen, etc..., which is sorta ridiculous. So that's not gonna work.

5. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I really miss the option. I find the Taptic Engine on the 6s is awesome compared to older iPhones and I mostly miss the various sounds that were introduced in iOS 7. I guess I would be satisfied if they introduced custom sounds for the watch. Still though, it seems silly to not have the option to turn sound and notifications back on for the phone.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

May I ask why, since your wearing the watch, you want it on both. If I get a notification on my watch sometimes I won't check it there but just use it for a notification and proceed to my phone to check it. Apple probably deems it redundant. Frankly I hated the bug. My phone would ring or vibe and then the watch would.

And I do understand your post. But as I stated, it's not how it was designed due to being redundant.

7. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh ok I guess I was the one who was misunderstanding then. Sorry about that.

There are occasional times where I cannot feel the notification like when I'm working out or running around doing errands. One big reason for me is that I am often wearing big ole headphones listening to music on my phone and I occasionally miss these things.

Also it'd me just for pleasure sometimes. It sounds weird, but I miss having the many different sounds of my phone play and in sorta bored with the lack of customization in that department with regards to the watch.

8. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Attached Files: