Notifications App

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by me43, May 11, 2011.

1. me43 macrumors member

What is the best notification app and its addons.

2. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

A lot of people really like lockinfo. I personally like MobileNotifier + OpenNotifier.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

LockInfo or Notifier+. I have both. Both are really nice.

4. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

I use LockInfo and I have nothing bad to say about it. I love it.

5. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Has MobileNotifier seen some progress?

I recommend OpenNotifier. Flawless.

6. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I think it has. It's a lot better than when it was first released anyways.

7. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

I bought it a few days ago and ended up deleting it as it is clear that the developer, whilst talented, is a dilettante and has lost interest in it. Certain bugs - eg the one which does not log voicemails - have been ignored for months and the current beta has done nothing to remedy it. I have found the same thing with Firefox extensions - all gungho and then nothing. The difference is that with firefox there are no mandatory charges, only donations.

8. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

This. It has a couple quirks but I find it the most convenient. Very similar to Android notifications but even a little better IMO.

Yup, few things could use some tweaking. Also, the infamous grey status bar hangs once in awhile when you go into landscape mode. The status bar icons in Notified Pro are the best looking ones I've found (wish you could pick certain ones to keep on/off).

You can use Notified for free instead of Notified Pro but you dont get the infoshade (swipe down on status bar to activate or use Activator with a different gesture).

Even with all that said, I find it to be the least unobtrusive and user friendly.

Of course, like everything else, a lot will be up to personal preference.

9. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

What? There's a new version in beta testing right now that was just updated the other day, and so far, it looks to me that all the bugs I had with the first version have been fixed since the beta was first released.

Notified Pro also has several different plug ins that are really good, I've tried every notification tweak out there and haven't found one better..

To each their own..

10. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

The statusbar bug has been fixed for awhile..

Try adding the beta from this repo >> beta.notifiedapp.com/

11. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

Redbeard, I installed the latest beta today and *still* no voicemail calls were logged. I still got the damned popup (which could be a decision). In the beta update thread - http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16808944 - this was mentioned a few times but I do not see a response.

As regards updating the beta I still believe it is beta 2 which dates back to the middle of March. I do know that this beta expired and he changed the expiration date.

Can you clarify what I may have missed?

12. crashnburn macrumors 6502

Whats the best now?

Mobile Notifier vs Open Notifier vs.. other Apps