Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
this has been happening from around the time iOS 10 came out I would guess. Text messages are fine and such and come in right away. Other thing such as emails, app notifiCations come in randomly and in waves. Sometimes I will unlock my phone and get 30-40 emails and tons of app notifications in between all those emails.

Have no clue what's causing this. Been tweaking iOS since the 2g and have had every iPhone, this is driving me mad. Do not disturb is off, notifications are on for all the apps. For awhile I thought it might be a new feature when your phone is on vibrate that nothing would come in, but that proved wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reactions: vjl323

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
Do the notification sounds for those notifications sound all at one go in these 'waves' or do these 'waves' only come when you turn on your device's screen?

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Do the notification sounds for those notifications sound all at one go in these 'waves' or do these 'waves' only come when you turn on your device's screen?

It's really odd, it seems to happen sometimes after the screen has been off for awhile. Other times I can be sitting here using the phone for 10 minutes and all these eaves come in.

When the notifications come in they all sound one after another about a second apart and cycle throug at the top of the screen. For example the last couple hours everything has been fine. Have had the phone wake up and show the macrumors thread notification email. Other times earlier today I noticed I get a sounds but the screen doesn't wAke up for the same email, eBay, amazon or any other apps that wake up the phone like normal at other times.

Have restored the phone as new a couple times since I got it (iPhone 7 plus 128gb jet black) as I normally would do just to keep everything clean and running smooth, I never restore from backups. No new apps or anything. Unless one of these apps I use updated and broke the notification system for all.

I use outlook for email so I think I will start by deleting that and seeing anything improves. Any other good push gmail apps that accept other email accounts as well?

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
It's really odd, it seems to happen sometimes after the screen has been off for awhile. Other times I can be sitting here using the phone for 10 minutes and all these eaves come in.

When the notifications come in they all sound one after another about a second apart and cycle throug at the top of the screen. For example the last couple hours everything has been fine. Have had the phone wake up and show the macrumors thread notification email. Other times earlier today I noticed I get a sounds but the screen doesn't wAke up for the same email, eBay, amazon or any other apps that wake up the phone like normal at other times.

Have restored the phone as new a couple times since I got it (iPhone 7 plus 128gb jet black) as I normally would do just to keep everything clean and running smooth, I never restore from backups. No new apps or anything. Unless one of these apps I use updated and broke the notification system for all.

I use outlook for email so I think I will start by deleting that and seeing anything improves. Any other good push gmail apps that accept other email accounts as well?

I'll highly recommend not using the Outlook app, it's known to cause issues. You can use the Mail app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.