notifications during phone call

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Is it just me or do the notifications you receive during a phone call seem muted?

One of biggest complaints about the last iPhone was the inability to silence notifications during phone calls. I hated talking on the phone and getting a loud alert or vibration in my ear, forcing my to ask the person I am speaking with to repeat themselves. However, I have noticed over the last few days that my notifications seem much softer while I am on a call. Even the vibration seems to be only about half strength.

Sorry, should say this experience is with the iPhone 5.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Sooooo, you bitched that notifications were too loud during a phone call on the iPhone 4... and now that they're not loud you're bitching that they're too loud on the iPhone 5?

>.<

satchow

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2011
Yes, I freaking hate this and I've been looking for a nonjailbreak fix forever. It's better in iOS6 at least, you can put it so your phone doesn't make any sound/vibrate for notifications in silent mode.

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Sooooo, you bitched that notifications were too loud during a phone call on the iPhone 4... and now that they're not loud you're bitching that they're too loud on the iPhone 5?

>.<
Nope, I am not complaining. I should have made it clear. I actually like that the notifications seem softer and less intrusive. I would prefer the ability to completely silence them during a phone call, but I'll take what I can get.

I was just wondering if any one else has noticed this or if it just a figment of my hopeful imagination.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.