Notifications for appointments today say "tomorrow"

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sixxmum, Jul 7, 2015.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I just noticed this, so I don't know how long it has been happening, but my meeting notifications show up on time about 15 minutes before the meeting, however they say "Tomorrow" on them. So odd!

2. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

image.jpg My reminder for a test 13 minutes before, when says tomorrow.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Something tells me its a GMT time discrepancy. There has to be some point during your day where it's the next day in GMT time but not your local time. Are these calendar events around that time?

4. sixxmum, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015

sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

That would be about 8 pm for me and these are happening earlier. Good thought though. The notifications are fine on the phone, which is a weird twist.

5. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

I got this too! I'm in GMT+1 so that's not the issue (appointment was at 6pm)

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Just throwing it out there. I've seen calendar's display activities incorrectly because of a GMT issue. It may not be the case here I'm guessing based on prior feedback.

7. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

What does it show on your iPhone under Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calender, Default Alert Times for Events and All Day Events? Sometimes it gets messed up. When this happened to me, I turned off all the alerts and exited and then went back and set Events to 15 minutes and all day to 1 day before.

Also, if you use another calendar program other than Apple Calendar, it could add its own reminder.

I know it doesn't make sense, but the first one fixed my problem. I also was using Fantastical and it had its own reminder so I was getting too many alerts I fixed.

Hope it works for you!

8. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Thanks! I don't have any default alert times set (put them in for each appointment depending on need. The weird thing is that I'm getting the alerts at the correct time (for example, 15 minutes before a meeting when it is set for 15 minutes). But, the notification tells me that the meeting will occur "tomorrow."

9. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Interesting that it's not just me. I think it's been happening and I never noticed it (because the alert came at the correct time) until I really read one of the notifications yesterday.

10. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

I've only noticed it on recurring appointments so far.... though the next occurrence of the appointment wasn't 'tomorrow' so that doesn't explain it in any obvious way...