notifications in ios5 question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by utl768, Sep 28, 2011.

1. utl768 macrumors 6502

is it just for personal stuff like texts and email or will it allow me to add stuff like nfl news and stuff

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

If third party app developers update their apps to use it, then the notification centre will show their notifications too. Unless of course you turn those notifications off since you can control exactly which apps show their notifications in the notification centre.

3. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

A lot of stuff I may say :p

What's exactly your question? Notifications works just like in iOS 4 only that the presentation of these is now better

4. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

Developers have to do nothing...

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I thought they needed to utilise the new api to make their notifications appear n banner style? I guess I've been mistaken this whole time.

6. kayloh20 macrumors regular

Essentially, all apps with push notification can appear in the notification center.

Actually, the user gets to control if the notifications appear in a banner style or alert or whatever else.

7. Krandor macrumors 6502

All notifications can go to the notification system. I have sporacular and all goes nicely into notification system.

8. shandyman Suspended

you ave been very mistaken. the apps do not need to do anything different than they currently do. it's iOS's presentation of the notifications that have changed. All my apps have notified me in the new way. in the notification center you can pick and choose which apps notify you and how, be it banner or old style (called Alert). the default is set to banner, expect on email which has a default set to no alert, so you have to change that first.