Notifications Issue on Watch and Phone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bigred7078, May 8, 2015.

1. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

So i've had my watch for over a week now and everything has been flawless until last night.

For whatever reason, I am not receiving notifications on both my watch AND phone. Prior to this, if my phone was asleep I would get the notification on my watch and if I was using my phone then I would not receive anything on the watch.

Now all of a sudden, I get a notification on the watch and as soon as I actually check the notification, my phone will light up with it. The odd thing is it ONLY happens once I actually check the message on the watch. I can wait for 5 minutes and as soon as I check on my watch, the phone lights up like it just received the message.

Any insight fellow watch owners?

2. bigred7078 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

3. flur macrumors 68000

Have you tried re-pairing your watch, or rebooting either your watch, or your phone, or both?

4. kuhroo25 macrumors member

This happened to me as well. Rebooting the phone and watch fixed the problem.

5. bluecow, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015

bluecow macrumors regular

This just happened to me too. first 24 hours totally fine, then both stopped. Rebooting phone alone did not help. Unpairing phone did help. Software bug...and annoying at that, I missed an important message.

Really not happy with this type of bug within 24 hours of first using.

6. bluecow macrumors regular

Now I get the notifications on my watch, but not my phone. :mad:

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

They're only supposed to go to one or the other.

My issue is that they go to the phone, then 15 seconds later or so, they go to the watch.

Wasn't like that for the first week with the watch, but it's doing it frequently now.

8. bluecow macrumors regular

That doesn't make a ton of sense. I'm almost certain I got them on both before this glitch happened.

I thought I set it to mirror notification on my iphone.

9. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

What the OP said as original behavior is the way it's supposed to be. When you are using the watch (phone is locked), notifications come to the AW. When the phone is in use (unlocked) they go there only. Mine have about 99% followed this and I had to reboot once in the last two weeks when it got out of sync.

10. flur macrumors 68000

That setting is for notification type (example - if you only have the notification and no sound on the phone, you won't get sound/tap on the watch either).

11. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I have just received my watch today. And haven't gotten any notifications on my watch. I tried rebooting my phone and watch. I re synced everything and paired again and again. And nothing. And I have my notifications set to mirror my phone. Not sure what I am doing wrong. :confused:

Edit: Also when I swipe down on my watch it shows no new notifications, even though my phone has notifications waiting to be checked.

12. bluecow macrumors regular

Strange, guess I just thought it previously had come to both.

Honestly, I wish it did go to both. The phone vibration is stronger so I won't miss it, and I can glance at the phone and see the notification if it is lying on my desk without having to scroll multiple lines on my watch. Watch is obviously easier for quick glances when the phone is in my pocket.

I get notifications on both my ipad and iphone. Why wouldn't I want it on AW and phone too? When I click on one, I'm fine with it going away on the other...but seems like there should be an option to keep on both.

13. FoxD macrumors 6502

My Watch does not receive all alerts....maybe 1/3 of them. Odd.

14. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Well considering this is my primary reason to get the watch. And my notifications aren't working correctly. It defeats the purpose of of me having the watch lol.

15. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I wonder how long until Watch OS 1.01...?

16. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I am not sure. But this is the second day of using the watch. And still nothing gets sent to the watch. Even if I don't use the phone at all. I don't have the phone on silent. I even set the watch app to manually notify me. Rather than mirror my phone. And still nothing. Not even a delayed msg.

17. dctid macrumors member

Notifications appears to only work on your watch if your phone is in standby mode ie your not actually using it and your on the passcode screen

U can't get simultaneously watch and iPhone notifications it would appear

Check out the apple support forums

18. bigred7078 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

Sorry, I had a typo in my OP, it was supposed to say "I am NOW receiving notifications on both my watch and phone". I know that it is supposed to be one or the other

----------

Rebooting the watch and phone did not fix the issue I was having.

I ended up re-pairing and setting it up as a new watch and this fixed the issue I was having. I was hoping I did not have to do this but it was the only thing that worked. Thanks for the suggestion.

19. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

I had the same issue this morning . A hard reset on both seems to have worked.
    I have sent myself an IM from my husbands phone and the notification only came on the watch .