Notifications issue....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Andyjmahoney, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Andyjmahoney macrumors newbie

Hi can someone help me as when I get a message now I get the haptic feedback from the watch but the phone doesn't make its usual notification sounds and doesn't vibrate is there a way for then both to work???

I have the setting mirror iPhone on and have tried custom also but neither seem to work. Thanks

2. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I think it is one or the other. IMO this is a good thing

3. Andyjmahoney thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh....as I seem to miss the notification on the watch quite often especially if doing some thing but would have heard the phone

4. shandyman Suspended

It's watch, unless you're using the phone. If you miss the notification on the watch, there's a red dot on the watch face showing you have missed notifications, then you can swipe down and see it.

If you miss the notification, have you tried enabling Prominent Taptic Notification?

5. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

They definitely need to be doing some finessing of the Taptic Engine. Feels far too weak and I don't like the "prominent haptic" feature.

6. lchlch macrumors 6502a

Op do you have the 38mm or the 42mm? And what's the width of your wrist?

7. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

That's kind of contradictory, isn't it? "..Taptic Engine too weak, don't like prominent taptic..".

So what's your suggested resolution then? LOL

8. J.C macrumors 6502

It's not necessarily contradictory. Prominent haptic 'pre-anounces' the alert with an additional stronger tap, which is most likely what The Tuck doesn't like. If the normal notification was stronger there'd be no need for the additional one.

9. whatos macrumors 6502a

Being a feature Apple brags about, I'm sure they're working furiously to improve it.

10. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Hm, I see.

But until there is a possible fix for this or a different setting the prominent taptic would be the temporary resolution unless you want to miss messages etc.

11. J.C macrumors 6502

12. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Turn on the prominent haptic. Solves the problem of not feeling the vibrate.

13. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

I have prominent turned on and it's still weaker than I'd like. I don't think my watch is defective as I've compared with others and it's similar.

Since we heard so much about how it's a "tap on the wrist" I think I was expecting a bit too much. It's not a tap at all I don't think.

14. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

It's only been a few days but I notice the tap more now than I did when I started wearing the watch. I think this takes a little time to notice the subtle way it taps on you. If it were stronger I would be OK with that too but I think for me its about noticing that it happens.

15. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Agreed. It is still lighter than I would like, but thus far it has been just enough to let me know. I came from a Pebble that would let you and everyone around you know you got a discreet notification on your wrist....kinda defeated the purpose.

That said, I've been in the car with bass, exercising, pushing a rattling shopping cart, carrying a baby, playing a video game, cooking and in all of those circumstances, I could tell the difference between everything else and the watches tap.

16. jjlannoo Suspended

The prominent taptic works great for me. its very noticeable. maybe you are wearing the watch too loose?

17. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Yeah you're probably right. I wear the Milanese with enough room to get my little finger between the strap and my wrist. But I like a loose strap :)

When my sports strap arrives hopefully it'll be better!

18. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

My feelings exactly, thank you :)

The Tuck

19. sailermon macrumors member

Well, now we know what your "problem" is and it isn't with the watch!

20. ecdc macrumors member

There's a growing thread at the Apple communities boards about notifications being really hit or miss. I'm certainly having that problem. I had my phone at my desk, in sleep mode (I'm aware that if you're using the phone notifications don't come up on the Watch) and I got two emails that never notified me on my Watch. I've triple-checked the settings and everything seems to be correct. I'm open to the possibility I'm doing something wrong, but I sure can't see what it might be.

I'm not too fussed; I'm sure Apple will address this and other issues as they come up in future updates. But it's difficult not to conclude that Notifications aren't working quite right out of the gate.

21. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Didn't say it was a "problem".

And loose straps are in! :p

Attached Files: