Notifications--No alert sounds...anybody else?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Honey Badger, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

I just noticed that when my iOS 8 iPhone 6 is in sleep mode and I receive a notification from either Ebay or CNN, there is no sound alert even though I have it set for sound in the notification setting for each particular app. I don't know how long this has been going on, but it was definitely not an issue before I upgraded from iPhone 5 to my iPhone 6 and to iOS 8. I am not sure if this is an iOS 8 problem or my iPhone 6 or maybe I am missing something in settings. Is anybody else having the same issue and, if so, can you give any feedback as to a possible solution or what is going on? Thanks.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Do you perhaps have Do Not Disturb enabled? Are you sure you are not on silent/vibrate mode (via the switch on the side)? Do you have the ringer volume turned up?

3. Honey Badger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Thanks for your response. I don't have Do Not Disturb enabled, I am not on silent/vibrate mode and the ringer volume is turned all the way up. The Do Not Disturb settings are set for "Silence: Only when phone is locked" but the Do Not Disturb function is not enabled....but the phone acts as if it is enabled. I might add that I still get alerts for emails, text messages, etc.....so weird this is happening.

4. Pagemakers, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Same problem here. iMessage has stopped notifications sounds.

Just spoke to a mate and he said the same has happened to him.

Edit: DND was on! Ouch. Stupid me!

5. Honey Badger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

LOL, wish I was stupid too and it was just a matter of my DND being on....thanks for participating though! :D

6. Honey Badger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Well, my Ebay notification sounds are working again this morning, not sure about my CNN breaking news alerts because haven't received an alert yet from them.....I don't know what is going on, but I am just going to assume it was some sort of glitch that worked itself out and just forget about it. Thanks all.