Notifications not Clearing from Notification Center

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Joey225, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Joey225 macrumors member

So this happens for all apps, but I'll use Facebook Messenger as my example.

I believe that in the past my notifications for an app would disappear from Notification Center after I viewed the relevant information in the app. So for example, let's say I have 10 notifications for the same conversation in FB Messenger showing up in N.C. - I then open the Messenger app and read the conversation. Next time I look at N.C. The notifications for that conversation should be gone.
    Or let's say I have 10 emails notifications in N.C. and I open mail and open each email. When I open N.C. again those notifications should be gone.

So my problem is that this is no longer happening, for a few months now. On iOS 9 and it continues for me in the iOS 10 beta. Instead, even though I view the relevant things in each app, the notifications remain in N.C. and pile up until I physically delete them from there. Is this proper behavior? And if not how should I go about fixing this? Notification Center has gotten to be very overwhelming because of the mass pile ups that never delete on their own.

Thanks!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you are having the issue almost consistently and for many apps you might want to consider resetting all settings to see if that might clear things up (and perhaps even reinstalling if the settings reset doesn't do the trick).