Notifications not Immediate

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by austinguy23, Oct 24, 2011.

  1. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2008
    #1
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

    They're supposed to push out immediately, but I always find that if I manually go into an app and have it check for updates, it will often bring in updates that should have already been automatically pushed to it.

    Stated succinctly, iOS notifications are not reliable as being "immediate".

    This holds true for email, the App Store, games, etc.

    And yes...I have Notifications configured properly.

    Anyone else find this disconcerting?
     
  2. bmw000 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2008
    #2
    I have noticed push email on one of my exchange accounts almost never pushes notifications unless the phone screen is on and unlocked and on another exchange account it gives me notifications instantly about 95% of the time and the other 5% it's same as the fist exchange account where it doesn't push until I unlock the screen.

    This never happened with iOS 4. I upgraded to iOS 5 and now I have these issues. I even did a restore and started as a new phone and still the same results. My hosted exchange account which almost never pushes thinks it's iOS 5 and not their configuration and I tend to agree with them as this just started with the upgrade. My other exchange account which pushes most of the time is exchange 2007 as with my hosted account.

    Hopefully there will be an update to iOS 5 that addresses this issue.
     

Share This Page