Notifications on IOS 5 not showing up on lockscreen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gregrose, Oct 12, 2011.

1. gregrose macrumors 6502

Do I have to enable this? Because they are not showing up on my lockscreen on my ipad2, i have a bunch of mail notifications but they only show up if i scroll down on my homescreen. thanks!

2. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

Took me a few minutes to figure this out. Lock screen only shows NEW notifications that have arrived since you put the iPad to sleep NOT all of them.

Put the iPad to sleep, send yourself an email from another device, then check the lockscreen.

3. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

For any other app:

Settings>notifications>APP>view in lock screen ON

4. Codepiink macrumors regular

Make sure the notifications for mail are turned on. Then choose how you want the notifications to pop up on your device.

5. JustCrusin macrumors member

I've got everything on and I am not seeing them either. Have sent several test e-mails without any luck.

Has anyone noticed that auto lock/unlock with the iPad cover is different? I thought in iOS 4 it brought you to the lock screen and not right into the iPad when you opened the screen cover, or is this my imagination?

6. Dave421 macrumors member

It's your imagination. Opening smart cover has always gone straight to home screen or whatever app you had open last.