Notifications on multiple devices

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iRooney, Apr 23, 2013.

1. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

Is there a way to make notification statuses sync across devices? For example, I was in a Facebook chat on my iPad for a while. When I grabbed my iPhone, I had every oncoming message from that chat on my lock screen. When I unlock the phone and drag down notification center, those notifications are all still there. Some sites I read said iOS6 fixed this, but it doesn't appear this is the case...or am I missing something?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i usually pick a device that i consider "primary", my iphone, and then turn off the notifications on my other devices such as my ipad and ipod. if i know im gonna be on my ipad for awhile and using something that uses notifications, i turn them on for that device. i too thought some apps sync, i know tweetbot does and my timeline will pick up where i left off from another device, but not necessarily notifications. i know words with friends does the same thing as whats happening to you. if i leave them on for my ipad but play on my iphone, ill have 4000 notifications on the ipad to clear.

3. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney