Notifications on Phone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chrsb, May 2, 2015.

1. chrsb macrumors member

chrsb

When I'm driving I keep my phone on a mount in my field of vision. When I get a notification it's easy to see who's calling, texting, etc. Now with the Watch, the phone notifications don't pop up. Is there a way to switch notifications to the phone while driving or dual notifications? It's a lot safer/easier to glance at my phone then try and read my watch while driving.

2. GrumpyJarhead macrumors newbie

The only thing you could really do at this point would be to take the watch off or put it in airplane mode so that notifications revert back to the phone.

According to a thread on Apple's own forums, Apple is aware that the all or nothing approach to where notifications go isn't working well for some people and it may be changed in a future firmware release.

3. chrsb thread starter macrumors member

chrsb

4. SteveO247 macrumors newbie

I agree, I'd either like the notifications to appear on the phone (with screen activation) or at the very least, when a notification arrives, immediately display on the watch face regardless of if I raise my wrist. I've owned the original Pebble, Pebble Steel, and a Microsoft Band, and each one of them did the notification display perfectly. I know there will be battery life impact, but it should at least be an option. I also wish there was a way to disable the animation of each notification. It's obtrusive enough that I have to raise my wrist (practically to my face) to active the screen, I then have to wait for a stupid animation to complete before I can see the notification. I'm seriously considering the Pebble Time as a temporary solution until Apple fine tunes the customization options.

5. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Notifications show on the phone when it's unlocked. So if you have an app up that prevents it from locking, then you should get the desired results.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Airplane mode? Just taking your watch off your wrist automatically directs notifications to the phone only.

7. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

How about just driving and worrying about notifications when you get to your destination?