Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2012
UK
I can't seem to stop notifications showing up on my iPhone6 screen since upgrading to iOS10 last night.
TouchID & Passcode->Allow access When locked has all turned off yet I'm still seeing notification bubbles with information on them on my locked phone. I need to unlock the phone to interact with them, but as I use my phone for work plus I get texts for 2FA, I'd like to keep notifications off my lock screen.
It's also happening on my iPad Air 2. If there's another setting other than disabling every app, I'm all ears!

One other note - notifications are being shown up on both my phone and watch when the phone is locked. I was probably in the minority that liked them only coming to my watch in this case. Can anyone help with the right setting to re-enable this please? I have a mix of "mirror my iPhone" notifications and custom ones for the watch.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I can't seem to stop notifications showing up on my iPhone6 screen since upgrading to iOS10 last night.
TouchID & Passcode->Allow access When locked has all turned off yet I'm still seeing notification bubbles with information on them on my locked phone. I need to unlock the phone to interact with them, but as I use my phone for work plus I get texts for 2FA, I'd like to keep notifications off my lock screen.
It's also happening on my iPad Air 2. If there's another setting other than disabling every app, I'm all ears!

One other note - notifications are being shown up on both my phone and watch when the phone is locked. I was probably in the minority that liked them only coming to my watch in this case. Can anyone help with the right setting to re-enable this please? I have a mix of "mirror my iPhone" notifications and custom ones for the watch.

You have to turn it off under the NOTIFICATIONS section. You can't turn off notifications system wide. The Allow access when lock, refers to seeing message content when locked. IE - if you get a text and the phone is locked, you won't see the content, only who it's from. If that is on, you will see the message and the content.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2012
UK
You have to turn it off under the NOTIFICATIONS section. You can't turn off notifications system wide. The Allow access when lock, refers to seeing message content when locked. IE - if you get a text and the phone is locked, you won't see the content, only who it's from. If that is on, you will see the message and the content.

That's just it; I can see the content as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.