Notifications on the lockscreen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ajo, Oct 19, 2011.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Notifications don't seem to stay on the lock screen even if I haven't checked them.

Twitter for example pops up, but then leaves again after a while. Should it not stay there till I swipe it, like text messages or does it work differently?

Thanks

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Do you mean the Notification Center or the lock screen? You have a choice of the alert style in Notifications under each app, check your apps and see that they're alerting you the way you desire.

3. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean for them to show on the lock screen. I have already checked over the settings and they all seem correct, to show on lock screen is chosen.

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

If you receive a Twitter notification and it appears on your lock screen but before checking it on your phone you check it on a computer, that may remove it from your lock screen. That happens for me and new emails (if I don't touch my phone after receiving a new email notification but do read the email from my computer, it gets removed from the lock screen).