Notifications question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ggp759, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ggp759 macrumors member

Hey guys just got the watch and i have one question. I want to turn off the "activate on wrist movement feature" because it drains battery life and lights up the watch when is not needed. When i turn that off though every time i have a notification ( this happens with basic notifications ie phone call, sms as well as third party apps) the watch does not light up the screen to show me the notification. Just a sound and a vibration. Is there a way around this? Whats the point of not showing any notifications as i receive them? Thanks a lot.

2. Knightcastle macrumors regular

Knightcastle

There's not a way around it. Just turn activate on wrist move on, your battery will last nearly 2 days anyway.

3. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

I get 40 hrs. reliability before it hits the magic 10% mark which is bedtime anyway.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I do not know about 40 hours but I also turned off the wrist raise function for a day and it saved little power compared to the convenience of it being automatic so I turn it back on. It might waste some power but I,average about 40% remaining at the end of the day

Just use your watch and forget about the battery, it will be fine.