Notifications question

jmeas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
San Jose
I'm not a current Apple Watch owner, but I plan to get a Series 4 to try it out. I have a question about notifications for seasoned Apple Watch users.

At work, we use Slack for communications. I want to get pinged for those notifications on my watch throughout the workday, but I don't want to get pinged outside of work hours, or on weekends.

Is there a way to set notifications on a per-app level for certain days and times? Or is that not possible?

I didn't notice anything in the iPhone Notifications settings that might support this, so my guess is that it isn't possible, but I figured I'd post a message here to see if anyone knows of a way to do something like this.

Thanks!

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
I'm not a current Apple Watch owner, but I plan to get a Series 4 to try it out. I have a question about notifications for seasoned Apple Watch users.

At work, we use Slack for communications. I want to get pinged for those notifications on my watch throughout the workday, but I don't want to get pinged outside of work hours, or on weekends.

Is there a way to set notifications on a per-app level for certain days and times? Or is that not possible?

I didn't notice anything in the iPhone Notifications settings that might support this, so my guess is that it isn't possible, but I figured I'd post a message here to see if anyone knows of a way to do something like this.

Thanks!
You can have notifications to be mirrored as your iPhone settings. So whatever you have the notifications set to on your iPhone it’s the same on the watch.

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010

Thanks!
Looks at iOS 12 notification management. There are options for location base. Not sure if you’ll be able to set it permanently, or need to take action daily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.