Notifications sounds are sometimes unusually loud?!

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
i have my watches notification volume as high as it will go, however since the last update it sometimes becomes unusually loud to the point where a text message 'ding' will actually be quite painful to the ears. Other times is just normal.

Anyone else getting this?

Reactions: jgelin

Laserducky

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2013
I've noticed that some dings are louder than others. Similarly for the haptic feedback as well : Gmail is super strong while the stock email app is not very strong.

Reactions: jgelin

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
i have my watches notification volume as high as it will go, however since the last update it sometimes becomes unusually loud to the point where a text message 'ding' will actually be quite painful to the ears. Other times is just normal.

Anyone else getting this?
Yesterday, when one of my messages came through I thought someone had rang a bell in my ear lobe... it was so loud. I think this may be happening at random times as well.

DadBod630

Suspended
Oct 13, 2015
I thought this was a feature with 2.0.1 until I noticed eventually the notifications would be quieter. It seems to happen at random.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Yeah I agree its random. The first time I noticed it I rebooted the watch and it returned to normal. However, of its own accord, it goes so loud is sounds like its going to blow its tiny speaker. I have turned the sound down to half way now.